Bee Pollen and Pregnancy: A Few Interesting Facts
Bee pollen has achieved quite a reputation as a food supplement that has a high nutritional value. Every expectant woman always wants the best for their unborn baby and themselves. One must never forget that a woman is extremely vulnerable to diseases and infections during pregnancy. Bee pollen is able to boost resistance to unwanted diseases and also strengthens the body. Any disease or infection during pregnancy can be extremely dangerous as it could also affect the life and development of her unborn child.
- It is a known fact that bee pollen cleanses the blood. It also aids in cells receiving oxygen, particularly the cells in the brain. This is very important to a woman during pregnancy as it lessens the risks of high-blood pressure (hypertension) throughout the pregnancy. Hypertension poses a serious danger to an unborn child and the mother.
- Bee pollen could also be helpful with regards overcoming any developmental problems which include autism. Over time, bee pollen has been prescribed in connection with treating these conditions. Children who have these problems have responded well to bee pollen treatments. This also applies to an unborn child, as when a mother takes bee pollen during the pregnancy it aids in the proper development of the nervous system and brain of the fetus.
- A major benefit of bee pollen during pregnancy includes protecting the mother against vitamin and mineral deficiencies. What must be noted is that during pregnancy a woman has extra nutritional needs due to the unborn baby getting its nutrients from the mother.
Vitamins C, A, E and K are all found in bee pollen. It also contains other components such as amino acids that help in repairing and maintaining the cells of the body and strengthening the mother’s immune system.
- Bee pollen aids in reducing fatigue and stress associated with a pregnancy.
- Bee pollen can also help in eliminating allergies and is therefore very beneficial for the mother.
Therefore, consuming bee pollen throughout pregnancy can be beneficial to the mother and her child. It could help in boosting the nutritional needs of a woman during her pregnancy without it adversely affecting her unborn baby’s normal development. Bee pollen could actually be placed within the same group as prenatal multivitamins and omega 3 fish oil that a doctor will advise a woman to take during her pregnancy.
Always Talk to your Doctor First!
Although being a natural substance, there has been much controversy with regards how safe bee pollen is to the mother-to-be and her unborn child. We personally know of many women who eat honey or who have taken bee pollen and other bee products during their pregnancy without experiencing any problems or side effects. However, as with any type of medication, even if it is natural, it is important that a woman talk to their doctor before starting any medication before or during their pregnancy. This applies to prescription drugs, over the counter drugs, or even a natural food supplement.
An allergic reaction to a bee product could include wheezing, coughing, chest tightness, itchy throat, nausea and rashes. Many creams, ointments and lotions containing bee pollen can be used safely by expectant mothers. Although there is limited research, oils and creams containing bee pollen could help in preventing and reducing stretch marks through a woman’s pregnancy. These products should be avoided though, if you have any allergies to honey or bee pollen.
Finding A Quality Bee Pollen Supplement
Once you have talked to your doctor in connection with taking a bee pollen supplement during pregnancy, the next step is finding a trustworthy bee pollen supplements company who has your best interests in mind.
We have prepared a guide that you can look through to set your mind at ease about a good bee pollen supplement.
You can find out why we have chosen these particular companies.