Bee Pollen Granules: Living a Healthier Lifestyle
The Chinese still use bee pollen in their traditional medicine practices. Lately, western doctors have also started to take note of this "perfect food". It is collected by the bees as they gather nectar from flowers. Bee pollen contains over ninety nutrients. These include every nutrient that the human body has to have to survive. By incorporating bee pollen into their daily diet, a person can live a fuller life. Bee pollen can be used as a supplement in the diet and is available in liquid form, tablets and natural bee pollen granules. Bee pollen benefits could include, but are certainly not limited to, the following:
- Researchers have shown that bee pollen contains a substance that slows down the development of several harmful bacteria. Bee pollen seems to possess antibiotic tendencies that are similar to penicillin that are effective against certain bacteria strains and salmonella. Bee pollen also seems to have a regulatory effect with regards the function of the intestines. A possible explanation for the efficacy of the bee pollen in this regard is the fact that it contains a high amount of fiber and cellulose as well as antibiotic tendencies.
- When ingested, bee pollen also acts in normalizing triglyceride and cholesterol levels within the blood. LDL or low density lipoproteins (the bad cholesterol!) decrease while HDL or high density lipoproteins (the good cholesterol!) increase. Cholesterol levels in blood serum are also normalized.
- Bee pollen is also effectively used as a remedy for allergies and hay fever. This technique is called desensitization and was developed at the beginning of the 1900s at St Mary's Hospital in London. Small amounts of bee pollen are administered to stimulate the immune system of a person in producing antibodies to help in eliminating the allergic reactions. Desensitization must begin about 6 weeks before allergy season starts and continued through the season.
- Bee pollen in the form of bee pollen granules or pills promotes an increase in mental and physical abilities, especially concerning memory and concentration. It also strengthens the respiratory and cardiovascular systems and activates a sluggish metabolism. Bee pollen prevents nutritional deficiency in old age, during the lactation period and also during pregnancy.
- Bee pollen also speeds up convalescence after an operation or serious illness and increases the defensive powers within the immune system. It is able to remove unhealthy conditions and correct the chemistry of the body. European physicians have noted that people who experience alcohol problems have shown a great reduction with alcohol cravings when given bee pollen. The same can be said for anyone wanting to wean themselves off heavier drugs. When given bee pollen there are minimal or even no withdrawal symptoms experienced.
- Bee pollen can also accelerate human growth. It is able to self-digest and helps other foods to digest. Bee pollen regulates the functions of the intestines, especially with regards chronic diarrhea and constipation. Weight can also be controlled with this wonder food. When it is ingested there is an immediate combustion. This helps fats to burn faster while also increasing the rate of the burned calories.
- Middle-aged men who consume bee pollen have fewer problems with the prostate gland and it is also helpful with regards impotency and infertility. Bee pollen seems to be beneficial for women experiencing the menopause as well.
- Bee pollen seems to be beneficial in the case of anemia. It is also beneficial in helping with the nervous system. People have become more optimistic, less nervous, depression disappears, and they are more keen to work. Bee pollen granules, pills or liquid could also help in relieving the symptoms of diabetes.
- Bee pollen is known for its energy boosting properties. With its B group of vitamins it metabolizes carbohydrates into sources of energy. Bee pollen is loaded with carbohydrates which easily break down into energy-giving glucose. Glucose is essential for concentration, cognition and alertness. Protein in bee pollen builds muscle and other tissues, and athletes believe that bee pollen boosts their energy while also increasing speed, endurance, and strength as well as recovery times.
- Bee pollen has been used successfully with attention deficit, anemic conditions, lowering high blood pressure, stimulating the appetite, lowering cholesterol levels, normalizing intestinal activity, hay fever, failing memory, depression, insomnia, arteriosclerosis, colitis, chronic rheumatism, asthma, and allergies. Bee pollen promotes vitality in a safe way without artificial stimulants such as caffeine, quarana or ephedra.
Today, over 10,000 tons of this product is consumed as medicine or food throughout the world each year in the form of bee pollen tablets, liquids or natural bee pollen granules, all thanks to the hard work of a little miracle called the bee.