Bee Pollen Pills: An Easy Way to Gain the Benefits of Bee Pollen
Bee pollen contains 40% protein that can be used by the human body without further metabolism or breakdown, as well as combines the most important antioxidants discovered so far.
The pollen also benefits the human body with essential trace elements that the body cannot manufacture on its own but which are vitally needed for staying healthy. Bee pollen also comprises 50% carbohydrates, 3% minerals and vitamins, 2% fatty acids, and the remaining 5% is the secret component of the bees.
Perhaps scientists will never discover this secret, but until then we can consume this gift from the bees in the form of bee pollen pills, granules, capsules and tablets. Synthetically manufactured bee pollen has been created by scientists in an effort to simulate this miracle food. They have sadly failed. Even though the synthetically manufactured bee pollen appears to simulate naturally made bee pollen, when worker bees are fed the simulated bee pollen they are dead within one week.
Bee pollen can be consumed while it is raw, but it must be kept frozen until ready to eat. Capsulated pollen is a convenient way in which to consume pollen, and has a shelf life of up to four years.
Bee pollen is not considered a vitamin or herbal supplement but is considered to be a food. No guidelines are given for an effective daily dosage, but people will take at least 1000 mg per day. There are many benefits to adding bee pollen pills to the daily diet.
These include arthritis relief, improving digestion, prostate problems, skin problems, colds and flu, hormonal upsets, weight loss or weight gain, infertility, impotence, nervous system problems, athletic performance, high or low blood pressure, glandular problems, hepatitis, ulcers, chronic fatigue, bronchitis, insomnia, bowel problems, eliminating toxicity, radiation treatment and premature aging.
- Weight Control: Benefits of weight control include improving the metabolism (the speed at which the body will burn fat); bee pollen contains copious amounts of lecithin, which helps to dissolve and flush fat cells out of the body; bee pollen acts as a mild diuretic; the hypothalamus within the brain controls thirst and hunger, and bee pollen acts on this area to stimulate the metabolism, and balance, control and regulate weight gain. Bee pollen is also effective with regards lowering cholesterol levels.
- Prostate Health: Clinical researches suggest that controlled consumption of bee pollen is able to reduce prostate enlargement together with the painful symptoms that are associated with this disease. There is a significant improvement in and alleviation of the symptoms, specifically with prostate discomfort, bladder emptying and less urination at night-time. Bee pollen aids in relaxing smooth muscles and makes it easier in emptying the bladder. It might also have anti-inflammatory properties and help in decreasing prostate swelling. This results in reduced discomfort and a better flow of urine. Learm more about benefits of bee pollen for men's health.
- Anti-Aging Properties: During ancient times, Chinese and Egyptian people thought that bee pollen was a source for preserving their youth. Today, bee pollen is still hailed for its effects with regards anti-aging. It not only influences the strength of a person but it also improves physical appearance, hair, skin and beauty. Bee pollen improves overall wellbeing, mental capacity, concentration and memory as well.
- Immune System: Bee pollen pills will strengthen a person's immune system as it is rich in antioxidants, bioflavonoids, proteins, minerals, and vitamins including B complex vitamins. Antioxidants fight off free radicals which can cause cellular damage. Bee pollen is effective against pollutants and radiation within the atmosphere and could also deter cancer. A well-nourished and strong immune system will help in preventing illnesses.
- Reduces Stress: Bee pollen is packed full of powerful vitamins, essential fatty acids and amino acids that help in balancing and regulating moods and therefore making it easier for dealing and coping with everyday stresses in life.
- Helps with Allergies: Some people get hay fever or an allergic reaction from flowers and airborne allergens, but they could develop desensitization to these allergy attacks when taking a bee pollen supplement. Locally produced supplements should be used for best results. A sufferer should start to take bee pollen at least a month before any allergy season begins. If however, a person is allergic to any bee stings they should not consume bee pollen. Click the following link for a detailed discussion of taking bee pollen for allergies.
- Sexual Health: Bee pollen has a gonadotrophic hormone that is similar to gonadotrophin, the human pituitary hormone that works as a sex-gland stimulant. In one study, over fifty percent of men that took bee pollen experienced an enhanced sperm count and performed better sexually after taking bee pollen for one month. Bee pollen is also helpful with regards the reproductive system of a woman and restoring its health as well as relieving the discomforts of PMS and the menopause. Bee Pollen pills also assist in alleviating impotence and infertility, especially in combination with royal jelly and honey.
- Increases Energy, Stamina and Strength: Athletes swear by bee pollen, saying that it enhances their agility, quickness and speed and gives them energy after performances, training and workouts. Bee pollen dates back to the earlier cultures of Egypt and China, who used the pollen for increasing energy levels and stamina. Endurance levels are built up in athletes, and essential nutrients are replaced that were lost during their physical activity. (Learn more about bee pollen for athletes)
- Health Tonic: Ancient texts such as the Book of Mormon, the Bible, the Koran and the Talmud all mention the health tonic aspects of bee pollen. Medical documentation from ancient China also discusses using bee pollen for energy and balance concerns. Naturopaths and acupuncturists still prescribe bee pollen as a health tonic.
- Other Benefits: Though science has yet disproved it, bee pollen has been said to treat obesity, respiratory issues, digestive problems, diabetes, several cancers, asthma, allergies and alcoholism, as well as helping to increase mental acuity and athletic stamina. Bee pollen is marketed as an all-purpose maintenance supplement as well, and is also an ingredient within numerous beauty products.