Bee Pollen Supplement: The Numerous Benefits
Thousands of years ago, the ancient Mayans, Aztecs, Romans and Egyptians used bee products including pollen as remedies and treatments for any number of health conditions. Today, many Asian and European countries use pollen on a wide scale for its possible healing properties. Here are 7 important reasons I suggest that you take a bee pollen supplement:
- Enhancing your Immune System: Bee pollen is packed with B complex vitamins, proteins, minerals, bioflavonoids, cartenoids, enzymes and especially antioxidants. These nutrients all help in keeping the immune system healthy and strong by protecting against disease, viruses and infections. It also helps in enhancing vitality, stimulating the glands and organs, and rejuvenating the body. Bee pollen helps to immunize the body by neutralizing harmful radiations and getting rid of toxic material from your body that hamper the immune system.
- Dietary Weight Control: The hypothalamus in your brain controls thirst and hunger. This is also where your metabolism is regulated. Bee pollen acts on your hypothalamus and stimulates the metabolism. It also regulates, balances and controls weight gain. The lecithin in the bee pollen helps in flushing out fats from your body. Your cravings are reduced because bee pollen increases the nutritional content of each of the nutrients within your food. Phenylalanine is a naturally occurring amino acid in bee pollen that helps in suppressing your appetite.
- Skin Care Health Benefits: People from ancient times have been using bee pollen as a beauty and cosmetic application because of its trace elements, enzymes and antibiotic agents. Bee pollen is a key ingredient in some skin treatments, face masks, hand creams and soaps as it will moisturize dry skin, soothe itching and reduce inflammation. It is also effectual in treating acne and allergy symptoms. By using bee pollen both externally and internally, it will nourish the skin and stimulate cell renewal because of the high concentrations of nucleic acids called DNA and RNA and other helpful nutrients.
- Allergy Prevention Facts: Bee pollen will help in reducing hay fever or allergies. The secret is to use bee pollen that is produced in your area. Bee pollen should start to be taken at least six weeks prior to the start of the allergy season. Bee pollen best works by introducing your body to small quantities of the allergen. The amounts are gradually increased. This is done to slowly build up your immunity with regards seasonal and pollen allergies. A bee pollen supplement could cause severe reactions with severe allergies, so start with three granules and gradually increase up to 2 tablespoons.
- Medicinal Properties: For centuries, bee pollen has treated various ills such as in antibiotic treatments and for enhanced concentration and skin rejuvenation. It is also still used in treating the digestive system and enhances the processing, digestion and absorption of the food right through the digestive tract. The pollen is used for treating and stabilizing low or high blood pressure, as well as a sedative owing to its sedative and calming effects. It is also used in lowering bad cholesterol levels(LDL) and raising good cholesterol levels (HDL).
- Balancing the Hormones: Bee pollen helps in improving the reproductive system of a woman. It relieves a woman from discomfort caused by PMS, and also assists during her menopause. The bee pollen also helps in preventing prostate problems in men and helps to increase their sperm count.
- Anti-Aging Effects: The ancient Chinese and Egyptians believed that bee pollen maintained youth. Even today, bee pollen is still used for its anti aging effects, as it increases stamina, strength, power and energy and improves the physical, skin and hair appearance. A bee pollen supplement can improve overall wellbeing, mental capacity, memory and concentration.
It is so important to choose bee pollen that is sourced from an environment that is pristine and unpolluted. Tragically, pollution does not only affect humans. It affects each and every life form that is on this planet.
Our bee pollen buyer’s guide will give you a detailed overview of how to safely choose a bee pollen product from reliable sources.