Pollen Is A Blessing, Not A Curse


Pollen can be found almost everywhere you look. Some people like it, some don't. For example, there are many people who are allergic to pollen. There are also a lot of people who don't understand how important pollen is for our lives.

Bee City Owner Scott Biering teaches us about the importance of pollen and how the pollination process is done by honeybees:

"They take it from flower to flower and cross pollinate and that's why our fruits taste the way they do." Basically, without pollination there will be no fruits.

For the past 20 years, Scott Biering has been an avid advocate for honeybees and pollen. He does his best to educate the public about the importance of pollen and the need for bees.

Bee City is well known for its millions of bees and for the hundreds of gallons of honey that are being produced there each year.

Biering says that pollination is really important to a lot of things like food, candles and makeup. 80% of the pollination is done by bees. The remaining 20% is done by wind, birds and bats. So without bees, there will be less food, less candles and worse makeup.

Pollen also has a surprising use. Because some people are allergic to pollen, they choose to ingest pollen in order to build up their immunity.